Tuesday, April 7, 2009

His 1st set of wheels



This is a few weeks late, but my mom had these cute pictures I waited for. After Joseph went to NM the second time for recasting, his cousin Jacob and Grandma Clouse came down from Flagstaff to have fun with him. While Jacob was here Joseph got his first set of wheels that he can drive all by himself. Having a wheelcahir has made life a little easier with the casts. For one thing it got Joseph back into school and gave him a little bit more freedom. When we went to the medical supply place to pick up the wheelchair, the office had Joseph sit in first to make sure we got the right size. As soon as Joseph sat down with a big smile on his face said "Alright, I'll take it!" He has had lots of fun cruising around.
Thanks Grandma for bringing Jacob with you to Tucson. Joseph had such a great time with him. And thanks Mom, for coming to Tucson to help me stay sane.

4 comments:

  1. It sure seems like he likes the wheelchair. I can only imagine how much easier it must have made things for you! How long is he supposed to keep the casts on? (By the way, love the blue and yellow casts... maybe he has a little bit of Swedish heritage?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is Reina Gibson (Jordan my son is in your son's class at Clements and we use to be in your ward)anyways I had no idea why your son was in a wheelchair and the trails you have gone though. I think his little feet were so cute as a baby. And I cried thinking of what it must be like for your sweet baby to have to go through this. I hope it all ends soon. Take care and let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobby and Anson have so many question! We miss you guys keep posting so we can stay up with the news in the US. Love the cool new wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every kids dream a WHEELCHAIR!! Just kind of like when i was in grade school and wanted braces...weird. Hopefully he is having fun crusing around enjoy it while he can right? Your mom is awesome. Things seem to be getting better and better. I hope that they are and that you are staying as SANE as possiable!

    ReplyDelete