At the beginning of October, we had to get to out of Tucson. And where else would we want to go...but back home to Flagstaff. We left the desert heat and I think we convinced the boys that it could actually be fall. All weekend we were bundled up in sweatshirts, long pants, and even wore shoes and socks to stay warm. It was great! We once again had a wonderful visit with family.
Aunt Jacque and I took the boys to a Fall Festival at the Nordic center to have some fall fun.
The boys had fun in a hay maze...
and jumping castles...
and walking in a "haunted" forest.
(look closely to see the 3 blind mice)Our weekend trip was of course too short and we had to return to the hot desert. Yesterday it was still over 90degrees and our cooler is still running. Hopefully fall will very soon figure out a way to come and visit us in Tucson. Until then, we'll just have to do fun fall activities at our house and pretend that it could be fall. Like eating caramel apples...
Happy Fall!













We want to come and get some jam and carmel apples. Love you!
ReplyDeleteThose apples look marvelous! I remember the distinct lack of fall in the southern parts of Arizona. For you, I too hope it finds its way to Tucson quickly! Isn't it amazing how wearing a sweater, long pants and closed toe shoes can boost your spirits :)
ReplyDeleteI so wanted to visit the fall in flagstaff, I'm sad I missed it. It looks like you had fun though!
ReplyDelete