Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Update on Joseph

The surgery went well today. Joseph received lots of special care from Uncle John and his staff. Which I am very thankful for. I was so glad that John did the surgery, I know it made a big difference having somebody Joseph was comfortable being with. Both legs were operated on and then cast. Jeffery has the camera, so tomorrow night I'll post pictures. However, it seems that Joseph remains true to his character. Jeffery was trying to get him to wake-up enough to check out of the surgical center, but once Joseph has decided that he wants to rest and sleep it is hard to convince him otherwise. So Joseph didn't want to wake-up...until Jeffery said he needed to take his picture. Joseph opened his eyes with a big smile right away, and then went back to resting. Tonight Joseph called me on the phone to talk, he's doing pretty good. However, Jeffery on the other hand is not feeling too well. He left yesterday afternoon with an upset stomach. Jeffery was telling me tonight that his legs were hurting. In the background I heard Joseph pipe up "No, my legs hurt." Joseph is feeling good if he's back to making his wise-cracks. That's our Joseph. Tonight I think will be harder for me than last night. Now I know he's hurting and I'm not there with him. He'll be home sometime tomorrow, I hope. Thsnk you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment