Wednesday, February 25, 2009

He's Home

Thank you! Thank You! Thank you Uncle John for taking such good care of our Joseph.
Happy boy before...
Very mellow boy after...
Just like his mother: give him a Sonic drink and a comfy couch to feel better.
Jeffery and Joseph got home this afternoon. Joseph just wanted Mom to sit with him 'til dinner, which I happily did. He's doing good as long as no one touches his legs, or toes. I'm just glad to have him home.
On a side note: A quick story about Riley I want to remember. Monday night after Jeff and Joseph left for NM, Riley asked that since Dad and Joseph were gone, if we could please have a special dinner. When I asked him what he thought would be a special dinner, he asked if we could please eat cereal. Of course! I love that type of dinner too!




6 comments:

  1. I am glad everything seems to have gone well. Joseph is such a trooper! Good luck with the rest of the recovery process!

    And I love Riley's request for dinner. Those truly are the best dinners ever - especially for moms :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that everything went well with Joseph's surgery. Our prayers will continue to be with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Jenna, how did I not know you have a blog?!?! Yay! I am so excited to find you!
    I am so glad that everything went so well with Josephs surgery! I hope everything will go well during recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. poor little man! Ansonha been so worried about him we have tried to call, glad he is ok give em all a hug from us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled onto your blog this morning and wanted to say hello. I am very interested in your son's story of clubfeet as it sounds very much like my 6 yr old son's journey.

    My 6 yr old, Matthew, was born with a left clubfoot. He also went through serial casting, had a tenotomy, DDB for 24 hours a day, wore shoes on the opposite feet and last year had a tendon transfer done as well as a calcanial osteotomy. Not sure if that is what your son recently had done or not. Matthew actually has nerve damage along with clubfoot so his journey is a bit different then most.

    If you don't mind, I am going to add your blog to my clubfoot blogs. I would love to hear how your son is doing and what surgery he had.

    Best of luck.

    Jo-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenna i had NO idea all that was involved in Josephs surgery!! I knew that he was born with club feet but i had no idea that the little guy was in casts for so long. I only saw him with his little specail shoes on as a baby! I am gald that surgery went well. I can feel your pain not being at the hospital to comfort him. I hope he is feeling ok and that they gave him some good pain drugs. I hope you are doing OK too. Hang in there you good mommy! Love all the post learn more about my long lost friend everytime i check in on you!!

    ReplyDelete