Thursday, March 26, 2009

Riley's Leprochaun Trap


Riley had a lot of fun doing this assignment for his class. I think mostly because he got to work with Dad and use his tools. Jeffery was very patient and wonderful with Riley. The trap was Riley's design with slight modifications from Dad- the engineer- to make sure it worked. Riley could describe how his trap works, so I'll try to too. The leprochaun walks up the stairs and sees the gold on the other side. So he walks across the board and as he reaches the gold the board"see-saws" downward into a pile of soft green Easter grass. Then the board springs backup and keeps the leprochaun trapped below. He did an excellant job.

2 comments:

  1. I know my brothers son had the coolest trap there... Fact! That is sooo Jeffery Thomas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome trap! Genius construction and beautiful decoration. Did he catch any leprochauns? Daniel had made a trap in school but, the leprochaun must have escaped. We ended up with green milk in the morning... :)

    ReplyDelete